1. How different is your speech pattern among your friends versus a stranger you’d meet on the street?
A little. I use better language when talking with strangers, than with friends.
2. How often do you get asked where you’re from based on your accent?
Not often LOL I’m a Finn in Sweden, and everyone KNOWS I’m Finnish due to my accent 😉
When I was living in Finland, no-one ever questioned my accent – my family had moved a lot around Finland, so we didn’t have much accent. Some people thought my mothertongue was Swedish though.
3. What word or phrase said by newscasters is your biggest pet peeve?
4. Take the quiz: How good at grammar are you?
You Scored an A
You got 10/10 questions correct.It’s pretty obvious that you don’t make basic grammatical errors.If anything, you’re annoyed when people make simple mistakes on their blogs.As far as people with bad grammar go, you know they’re only human.
And it’s humanity and its current condition that truly disturb you sometimes.
Now, that was easy! I don’t do any mistakes in THOSE words! I do the mistakes in articles and prepositions, strong verbs, commas and capitals… and some common mistake-words like affect and effect etc.
IN ENGLISH, THAT IS 😉
5. How often do you look up a word in a dictionary, either online or print?
6. How many books or guides on grammar do you currently own?
One on Swedish grammar, one on German grammar and one on Danish grammar 😉